Sunday, March 25, 2012

Playing with my Press

Hi,
I needed some help with my letterpress as I was swimming in circles creating paper piles on my kitchen table of less then impressive impressions. So I made contact with an old master letterpress printer Mr. B Wright. Sometimes you can find him printing away in the letterpress print shop at Bundoora Park. It is a great setup there. Type cases as below. Three beautiful machines all working. One C&P & two windmills. I just love it there!!

Mr B Wright kept saying to me that Letterpress printing is dying out. Ahhhh! No its not, so many people out there are wanting to learn the art of letterpress. But I have find this little gem. So I took little lou lou down to the shop and Mr B Wright had a go. It was really funny a master of letterpress using my little press after seeing him using a windmill at full force. So he got Lou lou working after applying A LOT of WD40. He said "the old girl was dry". The plate I made the type height wasn't right. I needed a lot of packing. Also he worked out the tyumen paper thickness. JOY!

My paper is coming from Holyoke paper YEAH. So I will be having fun over Easter printing away. I brought business cards and blank folded cards. That will be my Easter.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment