Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Little Lou Lou

There has been some development on the letterpress side of things. I have my 1st print run. I thought yeap why not just have a go? All smiles for a about 1hr.

This is nice the roller go over the ink plate then over the plate. And make a print. Now what? Me being a perfectionist, had to now work out how to get an impression. You would think this was easy? NOOOOOOOO. It has taken me 1 month to find an impression. I have no photos as yet as I'm not totally happy with the result. But I will never give up. I tried the knobs on the back. Did some googling and no that's not the done thing to do. Don't touch them. It's all to do with type height boxes or plates and the packing on the tyumen (the plate that the paper goes on).

I have some new paper coming this week so I can't wait to try it out. It's coming from America I hope it is worth the wait.

Other news... My Letterpress 8' x 5' Adana that I ordered from os is coming in 10 days. It's like the stork bringing a gift. I'll have to make room.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment