Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Knitting for Christmas

Hello everyone,
I have been knitting like crazy! I think it is the nesting coming out in me. I have about three projects going at the same time. Mr.C. is going crazy with all the wool around the house. A tidy up is all its needs. I have 2 baby jumpers on the go. One a wrap jacket with buttons on the side. Using Nanny P sewing stills to sew on the buttons, as I can't sew anything. And the other jumper/pullover is colourful pattern good for both a girl or a boy.

But what about Christmas...ahh presents.

So I have decided to knit my family KK a scarf. Yes, a funny thing to be thinking about when it is a hot Australian summer at 37 C. I thought I have all this beautiful wool, that cost me a pretty penny. And I always love getting homemade gifts and giving them. So hopefully they will like it.
The pattern is from http://monika-freepatterns.blogspot.com.au/2006/09/his-scarf-cashmere-one.html 

I was knitting away last night just following the pattern as you do and then out of nowhere this lovely weave pattern appeared. A easy to follow pattern just remember to remember which row you are up to as this weave effect looks terrible if the squares aren't the same size. Just a tip. 

Anyway must go, knitting to be done before Christmas. By the way Merry Christmas.

 Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment