Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Baking.

Hello everyone,

Had a busy weekend. Christmas is crazy time of year. Baking, knitting and just living between Christmas parties. Mr.C wanted cupcakes for his work, so being a lovely housewife delivered. 18 cupcake double chocolate with chocolate buttercream icing. Then not to leave anyone out I made gluten free cupcake as well. Red Velvet mix with royal icing topped with sliver balls.

The berries where made by rolling three little balls, then using little scissors made a cross. Giving them character, and not to look like rolled red fondant. Then using flower & leaves mixer on the berries to make them have a shinny look to standout a little more.

Yes I know they aren't "holly" shaped leaves, but are rose leaves. But I was running on 3 hours of sleep and they look fine. The leaves where made from green fondant, cut out by a rose leave shape cutter, then pressed into a veiner. Once the leaves where all cut out and shaped, I then painted them with a little of the same green watered down. To make the veins standout more, and to give a retro finish.

The Gluten Free minis where iced using Pure Icing sugar mixed with egg whites only and vanilla essence. I love using this icing. TIP: using eye whites instead of water, gives the end result a silk look. And it is always good to flavor the icing as it tastes a little odd by itself.

On another note...
I was reading through my grandmothers recipe trying to find her traditional English Trifle Recipe. No Luck, :( 
But I did find a Christmas cake from my great grandmother from Warracknabeal Victoria. What a find. Look at the lovely handwriting. Along with the cake, I found Grandma's ANZAC biscuits, wedding fruit cake and pav recipe. And not to mention the secret self base quiche.


Rachel    
  Advert

No comments:

Post a Comment